Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Poop Purse

What is perhaps the greatest bane of the dog owner in this day and age?  I can tell you easily.  It is the fact that one has to stoop over and handle canine feces every time you step out the door for a walk.  I actually stood my ground on not getting a dog for years largely based on the fact that I refused to handle hot and fragrant poop freshly laid by an animal.  The human race has developed everything from the high powered flush toilet to the bidet to thick and luxurious cottonelle toilet paper in order to avoid any contact with a bowel movement, and yet we voluntarily grab it with our hands, with only the thin veil of a plastic baggie for protection on a daily basis.  Oh, the humanity.
Don't get me wrong, I know that it is a necessary evil.  This peeve is a double-edged sword of sorts, as people that do not pick up their animal dung and leave it you to later spray about with your lawn mower (into your socks and what not) should be a pet peeve in and of themselves.   

No comments: