Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Animal-Child Confusion

GUEST PEEVE!!  THIS ENTRY IS WRITTEN BY MY THIRTEEN YEAR OLD NEPHEW, MR. K, AND I BELIEVE THAT IT IS QUITE INSIGHTFUL...I SEE A BRIGHT FUTURE OF LIVING A LIFE FULL OF PEEVES.
Today's wonderful pet peeve was inspired by our friend, Paris Hilton. (...Yay?...) What is it, you may ask?  Well, it's animal-child confusion, and no I don't mean the weird feral child from Mad Max 2 The Road Warrior, I mean treating kids like animals and vice versa. 
That doesn't mean that I don't like animals in fact, it's exactly the opposite, I like animals but not in that weird "Oopsy Poopsy, cute wittle puppy I wub you soooo much, yes I do awwww wook at your wittle puppy eyes" way.  I like them just as much as the next guy, but it makes me sick when you treat animals the same way you treat a baby and to be honest it grosses me out just a little (especially when you touch tongues with your dog)
(no this picture is not considered normal behavior
for a pet owner)
Also if you have read this fantastic blog for a while (which I highly recommend if you haven't) you may have read the one about child leashes, which are the opposite end of the spectrum... if you read that you'll know what I'm talking about.  Another child animal confusion that amazes and disturbs me is if you go to a dog park and listen to the oopsie poppies talk for a while and then go to walmart and listen to the same people say "Tommy, I told you GET OUTTA THAT CART!"  It just proves my point... I assume that this whole thing is the work of aliens...

2 comments:

Brian David Morley said...

A great guest blog, well done!

Anonymous said...

The best guest blog by a 13 year old yet!