Saturday, February 12, 2011

Bumper Stickers

Why do people feel that they need to paste their deepest beliefs, political thoughts, and children's accomplishments on their Toyota?  It's a lot like inviting someone to meet your parents on the first date.  Whoa, whoa, whoa.  Let's slow this thing down a little.  I haven't even seen your face and I already know the name and address of your child's school and that you are a believer in evolution, but have a problem with organized religion.  Shouldn't we at least have drinks first? 
If we get in a fender bender and I agree with your political views, am I going to be disappointed when you turn out to be a real jerk when we have to exchange insurance information?  Am I wrong when I assume that you're a hillbilly when an over sized Calvin is urinating on a Chevy logo on your back window? 
I'd like to have the opportunity to get to know you after I meet you, sir.  And then we can talk about co-existing, Darwin, holding bake sales for bombs, guns, women's rights, peace, and what ever other ice breakers you'd like to cover.

No comments: